Our most popular posts for the month include:
- This post from a local mom explaining why she chose a Smyrna public school for her son.
- A Small Business Spotlight featuring The Music Class.
- A reminder about some common car seat mistakes to avoid.
- Lindsay shared the details of her son’s dinosaur themed 1st birthday party.
- And Jenn shared the 5 products her family is loving right now!
News around Smyrna:
- We learned the tough news that the Emory-Adventist Hospital is closing, leaving many concerned about the distance to the nearest ER now. (Via AJC)
- While this happened West of us, the Silver Comet Trail attack hits close to home since so many of us use the trail regularly. Please use precaution on this and all other trails. (Via WSB)
And the good news:
- There is finally an Apple Store coming to Cumberland Mall. (Via Smyrna-Vinings Patch)
- A local Smyrna officer used his emergency response training to save a local infant’s life. (Via AJC)
- Local swim team, Smyrna Sharks, made us very proud at their state meet! Congratulations on your great season! (Thanks, Kimberly, for the tip!)
Parenting Blogs and Information:
Here are a few articles making the rounds on social media right now:
- ScaryMommy nailed it with this list of “25 Ways You Know You’re a Stay at Home Mom“
- This HuffPost blog turned parenting into some pretty amusing visuals.
- And this adorable little girl made us laugh (and maybe cry) with her breakdown over her baby brother growing up. We get it. We do.
Please check out all of our wonderful sponsors, who can be found on the Smyrna Parent main page. They enable us to grow and bring you more family-focused information about our great community!