Christmas Tree Recycling at Pike Nurseries. 9am – 6pm. All Pike locations (the 3 closest ones are Roswell Rd. in Marietta, Barrett Parkway in Marietta, and Roswell Rd. in Buckhead.). If you still have your tree, bring it in for recycling.
Dove of Peace Handprint Craft. 3pm – 5:30pm. West Cobb Regional Library (Kennesaw). Drop in and make a craft in honor of Martin Luther King, Jr. All ages, but parental assistance may be required for the young ones.
Home Depot Kids Workshop. 9am – 12pm. This special 3rd Saturday event is for the Cumberland location only! No specific theme – select from any kit available while supplies last.
Marietta Square Farmers Market. 10am – 1pm. Marietta Square.
Intro to Robotics for Middle Schoolers. 10am. South Cobb Recreation Center (Austell, GA). Another Level of Excellence will be hosting a workshop geared towards middle school aged students to learn about Robotics using Engineering and IT. Featuring an interactive activity, mentoring, pizza, life coaching mini-lesson and more. Register here.
Michaels Kids Club. 10am, 10:30am, 11am, 11:30am. All Michaels locations. This week’s theme: Alien door hanger. $2/child/session.
Dove of Peace Handprint Craft. 11am – 4pm. West Cobb Regional Library (Kennesaw). Drop in and make a craft in honor of Martin Luther King, Jr. All ages, but parental assistance may be required for the young ones.
Saturday Movie Matinee. 2-4pm. Smyrna Public Library. Movie: The Croods, rated PG.
Reptile Day at Chattahoochee Nature Center. 12pm-4pm. Chattahoochee Nature Center, Roswell, GA. Normal admission prices apply: $10 Adults, $7 Seniors (Ages 65+) & Students (Ages 13 -18), $6 Children (Ages 3 -12), Children 2 & under are free.
Monday (MLK Day)
Chick-fil-A Pajama Party. 6-10am. South Cobb Drive @ I285. Wear your PJs and receive a free breakfast entree of your choice. Storytime with the Cow from 9-9:30 am.
MLK Skate Day. 10am – 9pm. Sparkles Family Fun Center. Admission $3, skate rental $3.
Cobb County MLK Observance & Parade. Cobb Civic Center. Observance at 10am. Parade at 1pm. Parade begins at Lockheed Credit Union, turns left on Roswell and ends at Marietta Square. Free.
Other MLK Celebrations in Atlanta:
- Free admission into the Atlanta History Center. All day.
- MLK Birthday Celebration at the Children’s Museum. 10:30am – 2:3opm. Visitors can make their own “Live the Dream” wall hanging and other special events and activities throughout the day. Regular admission costs apply: $12.75 plus tax for adults and children ages 1 and above. Children under 1 are free.
- MLK Poetry Slam. 5:30 – 9pm. Black Box Theatre at the Alliance Theatre. Open to high school students. Dynamic spoken word artist Tommy Bottoms hosts SLAM and leads writing workshops in the High’s galleries before the event so poets can hone their skills and explore monthly themes inspired by the museum’s collections. Free program.
Latest posts by Alicia (see all)
- Summer Reading Kick-Off: On Your Mark, Get Set…Read! - May 25, 2016
- Strawberry Picking - April 5, 2016
- Spring Break Fun - April 3, 2016