Recently we started a new series at Smyrna Parent: Five Family Favorites. We’ll be sharing the 5 items that we cannot live without right now. With a total overload of products marketed for families it sometimes feels that many don’t live up to the hype. But sometimes we find gems that suddenly become indispensable. Smyrna Parent contributors & guests will be sharing our current favorites over the upcoming months.
1. Tom T. Hall – Country Music for Children – Because you can only listen to “Wheels on the Bus” so many times. This is a wonderful CD that our whole family enjoys. The kids love to listen to it in the car and sing along.
2. Divided plates – I’ve recently started using divided plates for all the kids’ meals. I’ve found that they eat better, with less fuss and usually eating all their food. I’m not sure why this works, but it has made meal times so much easier.
3. Slide and Find books – We received a few of these books when my oldest child was 1 year old and he loved them. He actually learned his colors from one of the books. He still enjoys them at 3 and my younger child enjoys them as well.
4. Grass Drying Rack – With all the different bottles and Sippy cups and no dishwasher, I found I really needed a drying rack just for them. I like this one because it is small but it can fit a lot and it looks kind of cool too.
5. Kazam Balance Bike – We got one of these bikes for my son for his third birthday, and I did not realize how cool they were until I saw him ride it down a small hill and pick up his feet and actually balance on it. He loves riding it too!
Bio: Cheryl Lyons is a wife and mother of two children, a 3 and a half year old boy and 20 month old girl. She is a stay-at-home Mom and also has a small upholstery business, Lyons Upholstery, specializing in motorcycle seats and classic cars.
Latest posts by Alicia (see all)
- Summer Reading Kick-Off: On Your Mark, Get Set…Read! - May 25, 2016
- Strawberry Picking - April 5, 2016
- Spring Break Fun - April 3, 2016